The Reporter covers Miller, Morgan and Camden County in Central Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks and is published once per week on Wednesdays.


Published December 6 2017

Home damaged by leaf fire

CAMDEN COUNTY – An afternoon accidental fire has damaged a home on Neongwah Bend Road last Thursday.

On November 30, at 4:36 p.m., the Mid-County Fire Protection District (MCFPD) was dispatched to a residential structure fire at 844 Neongwah Bend Road.

First arriving units found a single-story residence with heavy smoke showing from the attic and roof. Firefighters immediately began an interior fire attack and were able to bring the fire under control in approximately 30 minutes.

The occupants of the residence and their animals were outside when firefighters arrived, having escaped the residence unharmed. One firefighter was treated on the scene for a minor injury by Camden County Ambulance District and was able to return to work at the scene.

The fire damage was contained to the attic and roof of the residence with significant smoke and water damage throughout the entire inside of the residence.

The cause of the fire is listed as accidental. The occupants were burning leaves near the residence which caused the exterior wall of the residence to ignite then the fire spread up into the attic, according to the MCFPD.

MCFPD responded with two engines, four tankers and a brush unit and was assisted at the scene with an engine from the Osage Beach Fire Protection District as well as the Camden County Sheriff’s Department and Camden County Ambulance District.

All units cleared at 6:52 p.m.

All content is Copyright 2017 by Reporter Publishing, L.L.C. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited without written permission.